UC/CI RESCUE COURSE
This class is intended toward narcotic officers and patrol officers who deal with undercover buys or a confidential informant buy and things go wrong. Have you really prepared yourself for an operation when it goes bad? This class will teach entry into a building where the purchase is taking place. The class teaches planning phases that should be talked about before the buy is done. This class will prepare the officer what to look for when making entry and how to move through to get to your undercover or confidential informant as safe as possible. This class is mostly hands on with little class room.
- Classroom (go over body wires, operation plans, what to listen for during the conversation, what to prepare for if entry is needed)
- Practice approaches to buildings.
- Do entries into buildings and approaching apartments
- Practice entry into apartment or house and practice movements through the residence to get to your UC or CI and identifying them
- Set up undercover or informant scenarios. Officers will do rescue of undercover or informant. This will start off with listening to an operation on the body wire to actual entry into apartment or house for rescue.
The staff members for this course are operational personnel working full time for a Multi-jurisdictional Drug Task Force within the State of Minnesota. Staff have over 25 years of operational experience working drug buys and on SWAT teams.